This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Amy Simpkins has an engineer's brain and a poet's heart. Her life's work has been centered around the integration of seemingly unrelated things and the subsequent solution of wickedly hard problems.
Ms. Simpkins is a speaker, author, and thought leader in innovation. She facilitates massive leaps forward by helping individuals and organizations with big ideas make connections they've been missing. She believes that innovation is for everyone and holds the key to both personal fulfillment and lasting global change. She is the author of Spiral: A Catalyst for Innovation and Expansion, a new approach to the creative process fusing engineering design methodology with cycles of nature and entrepreneurship.
Ms. Simpkins is also CEO of the renewable energy startup muGrid Analytics. muGrid solves problems at the edge of energy technology and economics using math and modeling, and is dedicated to creating a sustainable energy future for the planet, one project at a time. As a young, female executive in the tech world, she puts her theories about disruptive innovation and bringing your whole self to work into practice every single day.
Previously, Ms. Simpkins designed, integrated, and operated spacecraft at Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. During her 10-year tenure as an aspiring Spacecraft Systems Architect, she worked on diverse programs such as Juno, Stardust-NExT, Orion, and Space Radar, as well as spent time in dynamic idea incubation groups for new and exciting aerospace innovation.
Ms. Simpkins holds an SB in Aeronautics and Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and an MS in Astronautical Engineering from the University of Southern California. She is a messy chef, a world traveler, a taekwondo green belt, a homeschooling mom of three, and a tough cookie in the Colorado backcountry.
"The best way to predict the future is to design it." ~R. Buckminster Fuller
"Anyone who is fortunate enough to have (or have had) some Amy in their life knows I’m not exaggerating when I say she’s brilliant. It’s no wonder she’s always chased the stars; she belongs among her kind. Amy talks are like tonic for the soul. She makes you love yourself, and believe in yourself. [It’s] like looking in a mirror that shows you your potential, not just your reality.” ~Kelli Miller
Spiral Innovation Framework
Fostering innovation within an organization
Cyclical development for organizations and individuals
Non fiction author
What is Spiral Innovation Framework?
Explain how "innovation is for everyone"?
Isn't innovation for technology? How does innovation apply to non-technology business?
Why does it matter what stage of innovation your business or industry is in?
What happens if you resist your own innovation spiral?
What inspired you to write your book, Spiral?
- The Engineering Entrepreneur Podcast. Episode 62. “From Aerospace Engineer to Entrepreneur.” 4 January 2019.
- The Erin Strayer Show. “Think Like an Engineer.” 20 September 2018.
- Success Kickstart Podcast. “From Space To Spiral Development.” 17 September 2018.
- Coffee with Tracey Podcast. “Grow Your Business Your Way.” 18 October 2017
- Shield Sisters Initiative Podcast, Episode 27. “Pivoting Your Life Goals.” 21 September 2017.
- Lose the Cape Podcast, Episode 112. 12 September 2017.
- Everyday Vixen Summit. “Integrating Masculine and Feminine in Your Work.” 5 September 2017.
- Business on Fire Podcast, Episode 4. “The Yin and Yang of Business Development.” August 2017
- DevChat.tv Newbie Remote Developer Conference 2017. Private event.
- WSA TV. Official channel of the Womens Speakers Association. “Beyond Visions.” 25 May 2017.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog, email list