This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Ask me [almost] anything ? the almost is only there because there is a slight chance I will decline to answer - but only a slight chance. #ama I experienced a traumatic event when I was only 10 years old, when a beloved teacher passed away while out hiking in the woods on a field trip. Over the next few years, I fell in with the wrong crowds (I love them, but we were ALL making bad decisions). I began a roller coaster of events that ranged from lows to extreme lows, all while figuring out the answers to life, the universe, and everything (got a towel?). The last decade I spent working in marketing, branding, graphic design and websites. Now I have made a SHIFT in my work to align more with my passions, and so I work in two spheres: the wilderness and motivational speaking. I love both. I have four little kids at home (along with my wonderful wife) so I can't travel on more than a few epic wilderness adventures in any given year. But this works out because it gives me time to also dedicate my energy into creating speeches and podcasts to help people become the best version of themselves possible. I'd love to come on your show and talk about anything you want to talk about. I would definitely prefer that we talk about stuff I know, but hey, surprise me - often those serendipitous moments are what bring out sides of ourselves we never knew we had. A couple of the terms I mentioned in the super short bio and their explanations: Wilderness liaison: I help people experience the outdoors and the wilderness, including handling all of the logistics and planning. This is through JTreks, my company (offering kosher Wilderness Expeditions). I prefer to work with local guides who know the specific terrain and potential dangers. Hence I only call myself a liaison, not a guide - I'm here to help make your trip happen, including the planning and logistics, in the safest, most epic way possible. And to help you along the way of achieving your wilderness goals. Ask me more. Rock climber: I have been rock climbing off and on for almost 20 years. Off and on because injuries or life have pulled me away. But I love the sport whether I am currently going or not. I mostly gym climb, because it is more convenient with a busy life, but relish any opportunity to go outdoors and climb. The attitude in rock climbing is incredibly healthy, and the culture is also wonderful. Ask me about it. Long distance cycler: I have completed a long distance cycling event 6 times to raise money for kids with cancer. We ride 180 miles over 2 days through the mountains of Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. All to help these sick kids. Got a question? Ask me! Motivational speaker: Award-winning international speaker. I motivate people through telling stories, anecdotes and more. I love doing it, I love feeling the connection and the bond between me and the group I'm speaking to. It is one of the most impactful things I have ever done. Ask me more about it and how I got into it. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arigunz/
Public Speaking (including Toastmasters and speaking contests)
Happiness and Success (including following your dream)
Traumatic Happenings (including PTSD)
Bad Decisions (email me for full list)
Definition of Success
Being a Dad
------ the boring topics (for me) -----
As an interviewer, I find the best remarks happen when the interviewee is NOT expecting the question. No prepared remarks, just raw, true self. So feel free to surprise me. But if you want the typical talking points:
1. What made you decide to get into motivational speaking?
2. Why did you decide to get into podcasting? Tell me how your podcasts and subjects came about.
3. What has been your experiences in Toastmasters, especially in their speaking contests?
4. What are some of your biggest failures, and what are you doing to move past them?
5. Who do you admire? Who do you think admires you?
6. What is this benefit bike ride you do, the Bike4Chai (pronounce CHAI like Hi, not like the tea)
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
8. What do you think happens to a person when they begin to follow their dreams, when they begin to go after what they feel may be their destiny?
9. What did you love about working in marketing/websites/branding/logos/design?
10. What did you hate about working in marketing/websites/branding/logos/design?
- For latest interviews, please search "ari gunzburg" on iTunes
- How To Lose Money (air date 10/07/2019)
- Public Speaking Secrets (air date 07/18/2019)
- 2 Minute Talk Tips (air date 07/11/ 2019)
- Road To Rediscovery (air date 04/08/2019)
- Digital Savage Experience (air date 03/23/2019)
- What Makes You Happy? Ep 04 (air date 01/04/2019)
- Expedition Travel on Intrinsic Motivation (air date 08/26/2018)
- Pensacola Business RadioX (March 2019)
- Why Money Can't Buy Happiness (UpJourney, Dec 2018)
- Free Stamps Sept 2018 (Freshwater Cleveland, Sept 2018)
- 7 Best Business Lessons from Non Business Sources (Tech Insurance, March 2017)
- 20 Ways to Handle Bad Reviews (Manta, Feb 2017)
Social media postings (mainly to LinkedIn followers 9400+), and blog post.