This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Though it may not always be on the top of a new business owner’s list, Intellectual Property law is vitally important because all entrepreneurs have some type of intellectual property. Entrepreneurs must be knowledgeable about their intellectual property so they can identify it and take proactive steps to protect it. For instance, all entrepreneurs have a valuable brand that needs to be trademarked. Some entrepreneurs have inventions that can be patented and most of them will have websites, blogs and/or newsletters that can be copyrighted.
In 2003, I launched my law firm, Intellectulaw™ to help business owners and entrepreneurs to follow their dreams and build a secure future by registering trademarks, securing patents and leveraging their intellectual property.
Intellectulaw™ is a strategic partner adept at helping clients achieve their personal goals of more income, better quality of life, and peace of mind through the proper management of their intellectual property, litigation, and commercial transactions.
My business acumen and global alliances enable my firm to add value to our clients’ interests across the board and we bring much more than IP law experience to the table. My team and I work to establish a long-term relationship with CEOs and company owners. Together we establish near-, mid-, and long-term business objectives and a plan to achieve them at each step. Unlike other firms Intellectulaw™ doesn’t operate against a billable hours quota--our priority is to partner in achieving our clients’ business and financial goals.
I’m an American licensed attorney who has been practicing for over 20 years. I started my career working in the pharmaceutical industry as the managing director of a chemistry laboratory for Allergan Optical. While working in this industry, I became fascinated with the combination of science, technology, and business. I decided to focus that fascination into learning about intellectual property law.
After completing post-graduate work in organic chemistry, my interest in legal science guided me to enroll at Hofstra Law School. I apprenticed at a law firm during this process to gain practice in the federal courts and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Upon graduating, I became a partner at one of the oldest and most prestigious intellectual property and industrial property law firms on Long Island.
My combined experience in the areas of science, the corporate world, and law allow my clients to reap immeasurable results. I have successfully litigated against Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Sketchers, and other high-profile companies.
In my free time, I love learning new languages. Besides English, I speak fluent Greek, Italian, and French and I’m currently learning Spanish.
- Setting strategic business objectives
- Developing and implementing strategic business plans
- Protection of your business through intellectual property law
- Securing a patent
- Registering a trademark
- The value of keeping accurate records in connection with your inventions, trademarks and copyrights
- Ten things you need to know if you are filing a trademark, copyright or patent application in the U.S.
- Litigation and how to budget for it
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Mediation and arbitration processes
- Confidentiality/Non Disclosure Agreement
- The ins and outs of business contracts
- Forming corporations
- How do you help clients establish their business goals?
- How does Intellectual Property law affect business strategy?
- How do you teach clients to protect themselves through Intellectual Property law?
- How do you partner with your clients for long-term business success?
- How do you secure a trademark registration?
- What are some things to think about before you file a trademark application?
- What is a cease and desist letter?
- What is a trademark licensing agreement?
- What is the arbitration process?
- What do I do if I receive a cease and desist letter?
- What is a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement?
I'll promote my appearance through my social media channels and communications among my client base.