This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
In addition to being a successful IT entrepreneur, Bill holds magna cum laude degrees in piano performance and creative writing, and has concertized and performed for many years with a focus on bringing music to audiences in non-traditional ways.
In 2011, he launched Music Care Inc, a for-profit corporation dedicated to teaching practical ways music can be used for self care. His work was recognized by the National Council for Behavioral Health with an Award of Excellence in 2014 – the behavioral health equivalent of winning an Oscar.
When he talks about music and self care, he speaks with gentle conviction and from real experience.
- The "power" of music - sound and rhythm - and how it works on human beings physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually in both individual or organizational settings
- "Practical heart skills," such as respect, compassion, civility, or empathy, and how these create a competitive edge individually and organizationally
- Suicide (I'm suicidally ideated): how and why, and what we can do to relieve this kind of suffering
- Homelessness (since 2010, I've volunteered as a music teacher for homeless people) and what can be done about it
1) How can anyone use music to get ahead in life?
2) How has music kept you alive?
3) What is the difference between music therapy and music care?
4) How can I use music more effectively in business/family/relationship/health? Why would I want to do that?
5) Tell us about your online course: "How to create and use music rites - an authentic toolkit for dealing effectively with life's challenges"
6) Tell us why you authored the book: "More Than Human - The Value of Cultivating the Human Spirit in Your Organization"
7) Tell us why you published the book "In Our Eyes In Our Words - Portraits from the Edge of Society"
8) What's are most innovative and effective things you teach?
9) What can a compassionate person really do about suicide?
10) What can we do about homelessness?
Social media push to about ~6,500 followers plus direct email to about 1,100 (avg open rate is 15% click rate is 18%)