This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
My interest in hair transplantation and hair restoration techniques are born from my passion for the human experience. After undergoing hair transplantation myself, I have a personal connection with those suffering from hair loss. As a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, I have had the opportunity to meet and interact with hair restoration surgeons from around the world and to partake in educational seminars and surgical workshops both in and out of the country.
I completed my residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and a one-year fellowship in Brain Injury Rehabilitation at The Emory University Hospital Center for Rehabilitation Medicine and later served as an attending physician at Emory University Hospital. I earned my medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA and a subsequent surgical internship at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. In 2009, I became certified in Medical Acupuncture. I am board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and am a Diplomat of the American Academy of Pain Medicine.
I went into private practice in 2000 originally forming Atlanta Spine and Brain Rehabilitation. In 2009, I relocated my practice to Physician Pain + Wellness. Two decades of Rehabilitation Medicine and interventional pain management led me to enhance my offerings to patients to include hair restoration. I founded North Atlanta Hair Restoration in 2012 and I am now solely committed to this practice.
Throughout my practice in hair restoration, I have separated myself as one of only a handful of physicians who individually extracts and places all hair grafts during each hair transplantation procedure. I am also one of the first to specialize in a "shave-less" procedure to allow for total concealment.
I have a strong sense of creativity and am an avid guitarist and music composer. I also enjoy cycling, woodworking, skiing, and exercising. I completed a full Ironman triathlon in Cozumel, Mexico in 2013 to fulfill a lifelong dream and completed another one September of 2015 in Chattanooga, TN. I’m dedicated to private practice and to the art of medicine.
- Physician involvement during the hair transplant procedure
- FUE hair transplantation
- FUE vs. Strip harvesting for hair transplantation
- Shave-less FUE and the art of concealing a hair transplantation
- Medical management for hair loss
- Physician knowledge on hair loss and the cause/treatment
- Male and female patterned hair loss
- Scarring vs. Non-scarring alopecia
- Scalp Micropigmentation
- Combination therapy hair loss treatment
- Advances in hair loss treatment and evaluation
- The role of nutrition and metabolism in hair loss
- What causes hair loss?
- How do I proceed with the evaluation and treatment of hair loss?
- What has changed in the industry over the years since the age of hair plugs?
- Why do people want to conceal their hair transplantation?
- How can people remain anonymous for the treatment of hair loss?
- What is a "Shave-less FUE" and why does it matter?
- What are the non-surgical options for hair restoration?
- Why are many physicians not fully involved in the hair transplant procedure, allowing technicians to do a majority of the work?
- Why is your practice unique?
- Are the images of people getting hair transplants real?
LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+