This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
John Poothullill practiced medicine as a pediatrician and allergist for more than 30 years, with 27 of those years in the state of Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Kerala, India in 1968, after which he did two years of medical residency in Washington, DC and Phoenix, AZ and two years of fellowship, one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the other in Ontario, Canada. He began his practice in 1974 and retired in 2008. He holds certifications from the American Board of Pediatrics, The American Board of Allergy & Immunology, and the Canadian Board of Pediatrics.
During his medical practice, John became interested in understanding the causes of and interconnections between hunger, satiation, and weight gain. His interest turned into a passion and a multi-decade personal study and research project that led him to read many medical journal articles, medical textbooks, and other scholarly works in biology, biochemistry, physiology, endocrinology, and cellular metabolic functions. This eventually guided Dr. Poothullil to investigate the theory of insulin resistance as it relates to diabetes. Recognizing that this theory was illogical, he spent a few years rethinking the biology behind high blood sugar and finally developed the fatty acid burn switch as the real cause of diabetes. Recently his own cancer diagnosis lead him to research cancer and childhood cancer.
Dr. Poothullil has written articles on hunger and satiation, weight loss, diabetes, and the senses of taste and smell. His articles have been published in medical journals such as Physiology and Behavior, Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, Journal of Women’s Health, Journal of Applied Research, Nutrition, and Nutritional Neuroscience. His work has been quoted in Woman’s Day, Fitness, Red Book and Woman’s World.
Dr. Poothullil resides in Portland, OR and is available for phone and live interviews.
Type 2 Diabetes, Cancer, Childhood Cancer, Obesity, Nutrition, Diet, Keto diets, grain-free living, HIV, Coronavirus
1. What is the real cause of type 2 diabetes?
2. What steps do you suggest for reversing high blood sugar?
3. What is the leading cause of obesity and what can be done?
4. How could a child’s brief life bring on the level of exposure to toxins or alter genes with the severity of mutations we normally associate with adults who develop cancer?
5. How can one’s diet either fuel cancer cell multiplication or starve cancer cells and prevent metastasis.
6. What is the A.P.E.X. plan you propose for people to use in order to staying healthy during a pandemic like the Covid-19?
7. What can parents do to support their child with cancer.
8. Why do people overeat and what is the optimal diet for someone who is obese and/or suffering from high blood sugar.
9. After writing and publishing 4 books, what advice to you have for writers?
10. What strategies are there for supporting our immune systems and avoiding harmful bacterial infections.
Visit my media page for a full list of my interviews. Recently I have been published in Thrive Global, and interviewed on The Mother Love Show, Born To Talk, and Pharmacist Ben.
I have over 10K followers on facebook and 800 followers on Instagram. I have a weekly blog that I share to a newsletter with over 1K subscribers. I have a marketing team that will highlight my shows to these audiences. My youtube channel has over 100 videos I have shared over the years.