This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Thank you for considering me.
I saw first-hand as a Forbes contributor and IBD reporter the impact a single article could have on an entrepreneur's sales and public image. Unfortunately, I saw them and PR reps frequently going about it horribly, thus failing to benefit from free publicity.
I hope to prevent others from making the same mistakes and show them the best ways to harness the power of the media to raise brand awareness and drive sales.
I was a Forbes contributor from 2015-2018, covering "Shark Tank" and investing in ETFs and mutual funds. I was a business reporter at Investor’s Business Daily for nine years and have experience working in TV, radio, print and online. As a solopreneur, I founded Key Financial Media LLC in Los Angeles.
I ghostwrite thought leadership articles, produce media campaigns, news articles, business presentations and much more.
Learn more at kytrangho.com. I also have a blog: HumansofSharkTank.com.
P.S. I am spiritually grounded and a devout follower of David Hawkins, Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, Wayne Dyer and Don Miguel Ruiz.
How to get media coverage in the age of pageview journalism
Best practices for pitching journalists
Best practices for replying to journalists' queries via email and during interviews
How to get quoted in the news and talk in soundbites
1. What is pageview journalism?
2. How do newsrooms work these days versus the good old days?
3. How do reporters and bloggers decide what to cover?
4. How do you target the right reporters and outlets like a heat-seeking missile?
5. What's the easiest way to get quoted?
6. How do I get reporters and bloggers to interview me for a long feature?
7. How do you get into a reporter or blogger's inner circle?
8. How do you go about pitching a story idea to reporters and bloggers?
9. What are the biggest mistakes people make when pitching?
10. What are the biggest mistakes people make during interviews?
11. What should you do before you even pursue media coverage that most people fail to do?
12. What are some of the dos and don'ts for sending out press releases?
13. How do you create a media target list?
14. What are some of the risks of pursuing media coverage?
15. What are some books or resources you recommend on this topic?
16. What should you do if you can't convince anyone to quote you or write about you?
17. Should you offer to pay reporters or send them gifts?
18. What's the difference between an advertorial and editorial?
19. This sounds so time-consuming, why should I even bother pursuing media coverage?
- ICO Investor TV: Which ETF providers are creating cryptocurrency ETFs
- Invest Like a Boss: What you need to know about dividend investing in 2017
- Real Money With David Holland: 2x
- Rachel Olsen Podcast: How to get quoted in Forbes
- Keith Andrew Network - YouTube
- Tavis Smiley
- KPCC 89.3 FM, Southern California Public Radio
- KPFK Radio 90.7 FM, Los Angeles
- Computer Business Marketing Show with Matthew Rodela
1. Buy Fiverr gig to drive pageviews to page
2. Send out press release via Fiverr and post PR on my website
3. Share interview on all social media channels
4. Write summary and link in blog posts on Medium, LinkedIn, Reddit, Hacker News, etc.
5. Repost on YouTube