This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I am currently traveling the world full time (with my amazing wife and one backpack each) after leaving the US in February 2017...
I had a high-achieving, amazing life in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. I was a top performer as a sales executive for an international IT consulting company winning 5-straight international sales awards celebrated around the world. I loved hanging out with my friends, spending quality time with my family, and making new connections in my vast network. I donated my time, energy, and money to a few focused volunteer efforts that meant a great deal to me. I was considered a leader in my community. But…
I LOVE to travel and experience new adventures! My wife and I were at a stage in life where we had to MAKE IT HAPPEN or stop talking about it. We had been dreaming (AS A REAL WRITTEN DOWN GOAL) of traveling the world FULL-TIME for about five years. As A Man Thinketh…
On February 21, 2017, with a single backpack each, we flew to Santiago, Chile with the one-way ticket that would start our journey around the world. We are checking off bucket list locations like Machu Picchu, Galapagos Islands, The Sistine Chapel, and The Taj Mahal, and creating new exciting lists every week on where we want to explore next. During our stays, we find creative ways to keep down our costs (we are on a budget), get involved in the communities, and network with locals while having a blast!
Our story as a traveling couple is a bit different from others that are doing the same because we have been married for 12 years, saved like crazy to make it happen, and have worked for an extended period in the corporate setting.
You will find on my Linkedin page https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattjavit/ (along with a more professional photo) that I have many ‘chapters’ of life that include playing and coaching college basketball, founding a couple start-up ventures (clothing line and mobile app) and many positive recommendations from my peers.
I’ve also overcome a major back surgery, believe strongly in the power of thought, and love sports.
- How Fun and Adventurous it is the Travel the World
- Connecting with People around the Globe
- Crazy stories from traveling the world full time
- Tough Life Decisions and The Process
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Overcoming Fear
- Writing Down Goals and Achieving
- World Travel and How to Live out of a Single Backpack
- Failing and Finding Value in Failure
- Being a Loving Husband
- Finding Creative Ways to Volunteer and Giveback
- Life after Division 1 Basketball
- Changing Lives Daily through the Power of Positivity
*Please note that my location is always changing so remote interviews are likely best. On the rare occasion that I am in your city, I would love to meet face-to-face.
- How hard was the decision to leave such a stable, high-paying career to travel the world full time?
- How long did you prepare to leave the US and what was that process like?
- What have been some of the unique places you have traveled to?
- What advice can you give our listeners that would love to take a similar adventure?
- How have you taken what you learned in the corporate world and applied to your travels?
- You moved a lot as a child being part of a military family....how did that help/hurt you throughout life?
- You talk often about the power of thought. Can you dive deeper into how it has changed your life?
- Goals seem to be a common topic for you. In particular, writing down goals. Please explain how you came about the notion to go through this process.
- You overcame a major back surgery. What was that process like and how did you overcome it?
- You seem to be deeply rooted in your volunteering values. How do you continue to give back while traveling fulltime?
Corporate Video from my Sales Executive Role
Expat Money Show with Mikkel Thorup discussing skill growth, ego, discovering ways to overcome obstacles and the pleasures of traveling the world.
The Ultimate Leadership Podcast Interview with Chris Cebollero.
Interview on The Process with Brad Wilson Podcast.
Podcast interview (video as well) about Culture and Travel on Culture Matters with Chris Smit
Podcast interview about Entrepreneurism, Travel, and Goal Setting on Liz Theresa's Liz on Biz
Interaction of the Promotion of Liz on Biz interview on my LinkedIn Post
Interviewed as a couple on Your Financial Pharmacist Podcast with Tim Ulbrich talking about paying off almost 300K in student loans, becoming financially free, and achieving our dreams
Podcast interview on Gratitude, Positivity, and Perspective with Georgian Benta on The Gratitude Podcast
Interaction of the Promotion of the Gratitude Podcast on my LinkedIn Post
Improv Discussion on Sketch Comedy Podcast Show talking about exotic foods, photos with strangers, and how we made the decision to leave our careers.
Interview as a Couple on the Legendary Marriage Podcast
Interview as a Couple on the Travel Couple Podcast
Man Up to Greatness Interview on what it took to make the decision
Couple interview on Pharmacy Leaders Podcast discussing how to keep costs down
Hear my Voice on our Top Travel Podcast
Weekly Newsletter, Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter