This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Podcast hosts say FUN and ENGAGING DIALOGUE WITH IN-DEPTH & UNIQUE STORIES WHILE UNDERSTANDING HOW TO TIE IN MANY POINTS OF INTEREST FOR THE LISTENER. PROFESSIONAL, THOUGHTFUL, AND ENTERTAINING.
► Traveled the world full time from Feb '17 to May '19 to 35 countries
► Publisher on PassportJoy.com, Host on a weekly podcast discussing travel, Beard/Hair/Neck Model in my docuseries on Amazon Prime TV - World Barber Shop Adventures, and photographer for book POLICE: Brotherhood in Uniform Around the World
► I had a high-achieving, fun life in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. I was a top performer as a sales executive for an international IT consulting company winning 5-straight international sales awards celebrated around the world. I loved hanging out with my friends, spending quality time with my family, and making new connections in my vast network. I donated my time, energy, and money to a few focused volunteer efforts that meant a great deal to me. I was considered a leader in my community. But…
► I LOVE to travel and experience new adventures! My wife and I were at a stage in life where we had to MAKE IT HAPPEN or stop talking about it. We had been dreaming (AS A REAL WRITTEN DOWN GOAL) of traveling the world FULL-TIME for about five years. As A Man Thinketh…
► On February 21, 2017, with a single backpack each, we flew to Santiago, Chile with the one-way ticket that would start our journey around the world. We are checking off bucket list locations like Machu Picchu, Galapagos Islands, The Sistine Chapel, and The Taj Mahal, and creating new exciting lists every week on where we want to explore next. During our stays, we find creative ways to keep down our costs (we are on a budget), get involved in the communities, and network with locals while having a blast!
► Our story as a traveling couple is a bit different from others that are doing the same because we have been married for 14 years, saved like crazy to make it happen, and have worked for an extended period in the corporate setting.
► You will find on my Linkedin page https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattjavit/ (along with a more professional photo) that I have many ‘chapters’ of life that include playing and coaching college basketball, founding a couple of start-up ventures (clothing line and mobile app) and many positive recommendations from my peers.
► I’ve also overcome a major back surgery, believe strongly in the power of thought, and love sports.
- How Fun and Adventurous it is to Travel the World
- The efforts that went into self-publishing the 180-page photography book POLICE: Brotherhood in Uniform Around the World
- Connecting with People around the Globe
- Discuss my adventures in Barber Shops around the World
- Crazy stories from traveling the world full time
- Tough Life Decisions and The Process
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Overcoming Fear
- Writing Down Goals and Achieving
- World Travel and How to Live out of a Single Backpack
- Failing and Finding Value in Failure
- Being a Loving Husband
- Finding Creative Ways to Volunteer and Giveback
- Changing Lives Daily through the Power of Positivity
- How hard was the decision to leave such a stable, high-paying career to travel the world full time?
- How long did you prepare to leave the US and what was that process like?
- What have been some of the unique places you have traveled to?
- What advice can you give our listeners that would love to take a similar adventure?
- How have you taken what you learned in the corporate world and applied to your travels?
- What have been your craziest experiences in barber shops around the world?
- You talk often about the power of thought. Can you dive deeper into how it has changed your life?
- Goals seem to be a common topic for you. In particular, writing down goals. Please explain how you came about the notion to go through this process.
- You overcame a major back surgery. What was that process like and how did you overcome it?
- You seem to be deeply rooted in your volunteering values. How do you continue to give back while traveling fulltime?
- You completed many projects and built new skills while traveling (podcast, blog, YouTube series, photography book), talk about that process.
Amazon Prime docuseries World Barber Shop Adventures
Interview on Fox and Friends about my book
Presentation to Indianapolis-based business group about my faith-filled journey
The promotion of my 180-page photography book POLICE: Brotherhood in Uniform Around the World
Interview on Be Real Show about the adventure around the world.
Conversation on the Mountain Top Podcast discussing my thoughts on marriage, traveling fulltime with my wife, and what makes a great relationship.
A fun discussion with Heather Vickery on The Brave Files talking about the leap of faith, connecting on the road, and listening to your soul.
A wide-ranging conversation with Meredith Atwood on her podcast The Same 24 Hours including what NOT to do when riding a bus in India.
5 Minute Success: Secrets of Reinvention Through Travel Revealed with Karen Briscoe. We discuss some of the difficulties of building a social media brand and the challenges I have faced in attempting to get the word out on my different projects.
Wide range of topics on Kyle Nitch Radio - the decision, tips, and real-world advice.
Getting into the process of traveling the world, the inspiration of World Barber Shop Adventures, and ideas to consider on Michael Sherlock's Shock Your Potential Podcast
Digging into the details of the World Barber Shop Adventures series with travel guru Derek Loudermilk on his podcast the Art of Adventure.
Answering the crazy fun questions from Jonathon Senior's Funky Thinkers where he runs his guests through thought-provoking Q&A.
The Creative Life with James Taylor. Although it is titled, The Anthony Bourdain of Barbershops, we get into other topics besides the new series including overcoming failures, important tools leveraged during the journey, and inspiring books.
ShearStar Podcast with Rich Britton to discuss traveling the world and World Barber Shop Adventures
JKWD Podcast discussing marriage, the journey, danger on the road, positivity.
Discussing the Barber Shop Adventures with Jake Ostreicher of #BarberLife (Episode 31)
Life Illuminated with Maggie Kelly discussing the risky decision to leave it all behind.
Expat Money Show with Mikkel Thorup discussing skill growth, ego, discovering ways to overcome obstacles and the pleasures of traveling the world.
The Ultimate Leadership Podcast Interview with Chris Cebollero.
Interview on The Process with Brad Wilson Podcast.
Podcast interview (video as well) about Culture and Travel on Culture Matters with Chris Smit
Podcast interview about Entrepreneurism, Travel, and Goal Setting on Liz Theresa's Liz on Biz
Interaction of the Promotion of Liz on Biz interview on my LinkedIn Post
Interviewed as a couple on Your Financial Pharmacist Podcast with Tim Ulbrich talking about paying off almost 300K in student loans, becoming financially free, and achieving our dreams
Podcast interview on Gratitude, Positivity, and Perspective with Georgian Benta on The Gratitude Podcast
Interaction of the Promotion of the Gratitude Podcast on my LinkedIn Post
Improv Discussion on Sketch Comedy Podcast Show talking about exotic foods, photos with strangers, and how we made the decision to leave our careers.
Interview as a Couple on the Legendary Marriage Podcast
Interview as a Couple on the Travel Couple Podcast
Man Up to Greatness Interview on what it took to make the decision
Couple interview on Pharmacy Leaders Podcast discussing how to keep costs down
Hear my Voice on our Top Travel Podcast
Weekly Newsletter, Linkedin, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter