This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Maurice Cherry is a content marketer at Fog Creek Software, a company dedicated to creating products that enable every person and every team to make thoughtful, useful software. Maurice was formerly the principal and creative director at Lunch, a multidisciplinary studio in Atlanta, GA that helped creative brands craft messages and tell stories for their targeted audiences, including fostering relationships with underrepresented communities. Past clients and collaborators included Facebook, MailChimp, Vox Media, NIKE, Mediabistro, Site5, SitePoint, and The City of Atlanta.
Maurice is a pioneering digital creator who is most well-known for the Black Weblog Awards, the Web's longest running event celebrating Black bloggers, video bloggers, and podcasters. Other projects of Maurice's include the award-winning podcast Revision Path, 28 Days of the Web, and The Year of Tea. His projects and overall design work and advocacy have been recognized by Apple, NPR, News One, CNN, AIGA, HOW, Print, the Columbia Journalism Review, The Atlanta-Journal Constitution, and The Los Angeles Times.
Maurice is also an educator, and has built curricula and taught courses on web design, web development, email marketing, WordPress, and podcasting for thousands of students over the past ten years. Maurice was named one of Atlanta’s “Power 30 Under 30″ in the field of Science and Technology by the Apex Society, one of HP’s “50 Tech Tastemakers” in conjunction with Black Web 2.0, and was selected by Atlanta Tribune as one of 2014's Young Professionals.
Maurice holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from Morehouse College and a Masters degree in telecommunications management from Keller Graduate School of Management.
- Podcasting (starting a podcast, lessons learned from 10+ years of podcasting, monetization and sponsorships, etc.)
- Executing side projects
- Diversity and inclusion in the design industry
- Diversity and inclusion in the tech industry
- Web design
- Graphic design
- Branding and identity (logos)
- I'm a big fan of podcasts. What do I need to start my own podcast?
- How can I begin to monetize my podcast?
- Our organization is struggling with diversity. What can I do to improve it?
- I have a new product or service. What do I need to know about branding it well?
- I am thinking of starting my own business. What do I need to know to succeed?
- How can I use digital strategy to improve my product or service?
Podcast and Radio
- Working File: Episode 26: Shows That Could Have Been
- Working File: Episode 23: Location, Location, Location
- Working File: Episode 22: Something to Say
- Working File: Episode 20: Lessons Learned
- Working File: Episode 14: A Room Full of Strangers
- Obsessed with Design: 73 – Maurice Cherry – Founder and Principal of Lunch
- 10000 Hours: 121 Message with Maurice Cherry
- Creative South Podcast: 73: Maurice Cherry, Host of Revision Path
- Working File: Episode 7: Rearranging Deck Chairs on the Titanic
- Atlanta Business RadioX: Jimmy Etheredge with Accenture, Maurice Cherry with Lunch and Laura Flusche with Museum of Design Atlanta
- StoryHinge: Maurice Cherry
- Working File: Episode 1: An Industry Inside of Every Industry
- Ice Cream for Everyone: Maurice Cherry, Host of the Revision Path Design Podcast
- Productivity in Tech Podcast 37: Business, Productivity, and Lunch with Maurice Cherry
- The Trailblazers Podcast: TB 28: Maurice Cherry on Why Your Brand Identity is So Valuable
- Podcasters Unplugged: 006: Consistence Is Key To Sucess With Maurice Cherry of Revision Path
- Buffer CultureLab Episode 4: Hello, I Know Your Salary (with Maurice Cherry)
- Social Media Business Hour: 131 — Social Media for a Cause with Maurice Cherry
- On The Grid – #137: Five Stars or Nothing
- On The Grid – #103: Homogeneity
- Show Me Your Mic #70: Maurice Cherry – The Five Dollar Fist Bump
- Podcast For Designers – Episode 26: Live from WMC Fest 5!
- Maurice Cherry: Championing African Americans in Technology w/ Revision Path (@MauriceCherry)
- Science 2.0: Science for the Rest of Us – Web and Graphic Design
- Blacks in Technology #BITTechTalk episode 46 with Maurice Cherry
- PRINT: Designer of the Week: Maurice Cherry
- Creative Bloq: Maurice Cherry on diversity and ‘black design aesthetics’
- Uptown Magazine: Web Designer Maurice Cherry Launches Revision Path to Showcase Black Design Professionals
- Go Media: An Interview with Maurice Cherry from Revision Path and 3eighteen media
I will tweet about the episode, retweet any relevant mentions, and mention the interview on LinkedIn, Tumblr, and my personal Facebook account. I'll also include a link to the article in my regular TinyLetter dispatch.