This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Scott Hanley has a fervent belief that relationships are built. They don’t just happen! He has accomplished many endeavors throughout his life. But his role as a single father, committed to raising healthy, inquisitive, energetic young boys was convincingly the most rewarding.
Scott’s journey as a single parent provides a wellspring of experience, advice, and know-how that he shares with his readers and his audiences as he delivers talks and is heard on podcasts across the northwest and the country. He focuses on building deep and lasting relationships with love and respect as their foundation. He believes that most relationships can deepen and grow more meaningful when approached with a specific intent and commitment to build something great. This can happen between a child and their parent, a wife and husband, a brother and sister, or simply two friends. Every interaction is an opportunity.
As a professional building contractor with a very successful career, Scott was also a committed meditation practitioner using his meditation to stay grounded and retain perspective. He has owned and managed his own nationally successful Mobile 4-star restaurant in Cincinnati, OH, a construction company in Cambridge, MA, a design and remodeling business in Portland, OR where he was honored with the Contractor of the Year award all while raising two boys as a single dad. In all cases, relationship building was key to his success
His experience and personality earned him guest appearances on the award-winning ABC affiliate morning talk show AM Northwest leading to a permanent role as one of the show’s weekly celebrities. He added to his media work as ‘The Project Pro’ on KPTV Good Day Oregon.
Scott graduated from Indiana University and included among his honors, captain of the Hoosiers nationally ranked rugby team and National All-Star Honors his senior year.
Scott currently lives with his family in Portland, OR.
· How to build stronger relationships with our kids – toddlers through adulthood. Relationships are built. They don’t just happen.
· The “bridge” as a metaphor for relationships. How to Build the Bridge – what is needed for the supports, the span, and the process so it will withstand and weather the storms.
· Challenges of holding on to and continuing to build connections and relationships with children when forced to change patterns due to COVID.
· Single dad – unique relationship, unique perspective with your children. The how’s and whys!
· Re-starting when they are older – what is important. Is there hope to re-start when they are teens or adult children.
· Critical need for strong connections for all relationships – each connection is an opportunity. The process of ‘getting it right’ in building and maintaining
· What are the three main rules you used when raising your boys?
· What is most important thing you can do as a parent?
· Tell us about the building the bridge metaphor you use for raising your children.
· You talk about a one-way bridge in the early years leads to a two-way bridge later. How does this work?
· What are the challenges parents AND children face as their daily patterns of school, work, and activities have been forced to change due to COVID?
· You are a single dad. How is it different than having two parents in the same house? What advice would you give for single parents?
· How do you build YOUR bridge with your children when spouse or your own parents disagree?
· How can you stay connected to your child, even in the tween years?
· Teens are tough for most parents. What help would you offer to stay connected or get re-connected.
· What advice would you offer to parents trying to re-connect. Is it too late to build the bridge?
· How do these same principles apply to relationships with other adults – partner, friends?
· You have written much of your advice in The Dad Connection – A Bridge to Your Children. Why did you write this book? What message do you want parents hear in your book?
Guest appearances on the award-winning ABC affiliate morning talk show AM Northwest leading to a permanent role as one of the show’s weekly celebrities.
Celebrity role as The Project Pro on KPTV Good Day Oregon.
Adventures with Grammy Podcast Scott talks with podcast host Carolyn Berry about The Dad Connection: A Bridge to Your Children
Living The Dream with Curveball Scott and host Curveball talk about building strong relationships with your children and with others.
Get Real Parental Coaching
Scott talks with host Sandra Drew about raising his two boys as a single father on four rules.
Making It Last Podcast
In a conversation with host Noreen Daley, Scott talks about how to stay connected even in the ‘tween’ years.
I will post on my social media – boosting frequently to a larger, national audience. I also send monthly eblasts out to my website lists of consumers and the book industry.