This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Susan Omilian, author, motivational speaker, attorney, and nationally recognized expert has worked to end violence against women for the last forty years. In the 1970s, she founded a rape crisis center and, in the early 1980s, represented battered women in divorce proceedings. She also litigated sex discrimination cases, including helping to articulate the legal concept that made sexual harassment illegal in the 1990s. AND THEN…
A phone call came in the middle of the night that Susan’s nineteen-year-old niece Maggie had been shot and killed by her ex-boyfriend on a college campus in Michigan. The shock and horror of another senseless act of violence, but this time Maggie – dear Maggie -- was the victim.
Suddenly, Susan’s work as an attorney and advocate for women’s rights became more personal and immediate. Vowing to help women who survive abuse as Maggie could not, today twenty years later, Susan’s award-winning work has been described as “life-changing” and as “a component for women recovering from abuse that has been virtually overlooked.” On her own healing journey after the senseless death of her niece, Susan found the work she was born to do and it comes together here in the THRIVER ZONE — a healing place for women who want to reclaim their lives after abuse.
Shocked and outraged by the death of my niece killed by her ex-boyfriend at the age of 19 before her life blossomed, today I have helped hundreds of women take the journey from victim to survivor to thriver as Maggie could not.
• How to deal with a personal tragedy that is beyond your control. • How women can survive and thrive after domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse. • How the current pandemic provokes the triggers from former trauma and abuse, and increases the frequency and/or severity of abuse in the home, and what women can do. • How to connect with the part of you untouched by all that has happened to you and find a life of power and purpose. • The "Seven Steps to Thriving after Abuse" that I have developed is a motivational model for women who have experienced abuse (domestic violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, child abuse.)
• You talk about the journey from Victim to Survivor to Thriver. How would you describe a thriver? • Is there a common thread from women who have experienced abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence in shared emotions and the process of moving forward? • How do women prepare to take this journey? How do they get unstuck from their life as a victim? • You talk about the Seven Steps to Thriving After Abuse? How can you use them to find the life of your dreams despite what has ever happened to you? • What’s the hardest part of the journey? What exercises do women from the most helpful? • How can a woman manifest a life of power and purpose after domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse? • Can men take the journey beyond trauma and their own violence toward women? • You have two series of book The Thriver Zone series and The Best Revenge Series. How are they different? • Where are your books, ebooks, and audio books available?
- Living the Dream Podcast with Curveball (Curtis Johnson) https://rss.com/podcasts/livingthedream/92197/
- Virgin.Beauty.B!tch Podcast https://www.spreaker.com/user/9296211/vbb-123-susan-omilian_1
- Mindalia TV with Daniel Blanchard https://tinyurl.com/y29j8yx9
• I am active on my social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. • I do a monthly email blast to my database of 5000+ people who have connected with me, through my workshops, national presentations, and website. • I will keep a list of podcast presentations on my website.