This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I write about how and why the world’s best employers use great workplace cultures to drive competitive advantage. I believe that every manager can lead their team to achieve extraordinary business results by building a culture of trust. It's neither difficult nor time-consuming--you just need to understand what to do.
Although great workplaces can sometimes be mistakenly thought of as ‘soft’ or easy places to work, that’s not the case at all. Great workplaces are actually high-performing workplaces–for a combination of reasons, but primarily because managers build high-trust relationships with employees, which allows employees to do their best work – to contribute to the best of their ability.
My goal is to help every leader and manager willing to put the effort into creating a great workplace the tools to do so.
Over the last two years, I've conducted an in-depth analysis of Great Place to Work's Trust Index data - the world's largest annual employee survey and the backbone of the various 'Best Workplaces' lists that we publish around the world. I studied input from more than two million employees in eighty countries, working to identify the manager attitudes and behaviors that have the greatest impact on their employees' workplace experience. Trust Rules: How the World's Best Managers Create Great Places to Work is the result.
Trust Rules has already been published in the US, and 7 other countries: Africa, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, Norway, and Turkey and it will soon be released in India, Sweden, and Poland.
I’m a respected entrepreneur in business, HR/OD, software development, logistics, entertainment, research, and training fields. I’ve held various senior leadership positions with the Great Place to Work Institute - the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures - including four years as chairman of its Global Advisory Board. I continue to support global multinational clients in my role as a senior consultant with Great Place to Work USA.
I hold an MBA from the University College Dublin Smurfit Business School, and I live in Dublin, Ireland with my wife and family.
- How to create a great (high performance) workplace
- Cultivating a high-trust workplace culture
- Dynamic public speaking
- Business leadership
- Business coaching and consulting
- Optimizing communication in a business environment
- World travel
- What do you mean by "trust" in the workplace?
- What makes a trustworthy person in the workplace?
- Can the Trust Rules be applied outside of work?
- What is the purpose of your book?
- Is this book just for managers?
- What is different about your book?
- What are the key points in your book?
- Why should someone buy your book versus another book of this genre?
- What will a reader learn from your book?
- Why did you write this book?
- What research did you do in preparation for writing the book?
I'll promote my appearance through my social media contacts