This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Jen McFarland ditched her comfy C-suite tech project management job in pursuit of freedom.
She helps business owners work logically and intuitively from their biggest business goals to the smallest tasks, including how all of the stars need to align to reach those goals.
She helps her clients with gratitude-based leadership practices, strategic project planning, and digital marketing.
Jen is a frequent Small Business Development Center speaker.
She co-developed a digital marketing roadmap and program for Prosper Portland's Inclusive Business Network, helping local new and emerging businesses led by women and people of color.
Jen has a Master's Degree in Leadership and Management from Portland State University. She also served in the U.S. Peace Corps in Kazakhstan.
She lives in Portland, OR, with her husband, Jon, and Boston Terrier, Booker. She has a contagious can-do attitude and wicked sense of humor.
How I help my clients:
- Leadership training: focused on gratitude, self-awareness, and collaboration
- Strategic project planning: a hybrid planning style that integrates strategic goals (e.g., strategic plan) into business projects so teams can stay connected with higher goals and manage unknowns (it's used in developing countries and NASA where there are a lot of unknowns)
- Digital marketing: short-, medium-, and long-term goals laid out based on digital marketing best practices, your products, services, and goals — I'm not into the 'latest widget,' I'm all about defeating shiny object syndrome
Details for people who like specifics:
- CEO and Founder, Women Conquer Business, 2016-present
- Host and creator, Women Conquer Business Podcast, 2018-present
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Kazakhstan, Education
- Master of Public Administration: Leadership, Management & Sustainable Development
- 10+ years of marketing and graphic design
- 10+ years of tech project management
Project Management for small- to medium-sized businesses
Change; navigating uncertainty
Women in Tech
What did you learn about projects as a Peace Corps Volunteer?
Why do you love helping business owners plan and execute their business projects?
What leadership gaps do you see among women entrepreneurs?
What's the most important thing a business can do when implementing a change initiative?
Why are leadership, project management and digital marketing the three foundational pieces for any business?
What do you mean you work "logically and intuitively"? That doesn't sound like project management.
How can all businesses (including solopreneurs) benefit from strategic project management?
I post all of my podcast appearances here (they stay there forever!): https://www.jenmcfarland.com/podcast-appearances/
Recent appearances include:
- Cultural Differences & Cultural Diversity in International Business
- She Breaks Thru with Thembi Bheka
- The Entrepreneur's MBA with Adam Kipnes
- Tea Time with Tajuana
- Business Owner Freedom
- Word of the Week
- Moving Forward Leadership
- Heart & Hustle