This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Mike Veny is one of America's leading mental health speakers and high-energy corporate drumming event facilitator. He's the author of the book Transforming Stigma: How to Become a Mental Wellness Superhero. He delivers educational, engaging, and entertaining presentations to meetings and conferences throughout the world. As a 2017 PM360 ELITE Award Winner, Mike is recognized as one of the 100 most influential people in the healthcare industry. He starred in several OC87 Recovery Diaries documentary films, two of which were featured at the 2017 Reel Minds Film series.
Mike is fiercely committed to wellness, suicide prevention, and helping people work together more smoothly. If you are looking for a proven speaker who can address the stigma surrounding mental health and deliver a corporate drumming event, then you have come to the right place.
With 15 years of experience electrifying audiences and making meeting planners look good, his mission is to help people heal emotional pain and discover meaning through simple ideas that empower wellness and healthy relationships.
Mike’s path to becoming a public speaker became evident at an early age. He convinced the staff at psychiatric hospitals to discharge him three times during his childhood. In addition to being hospitalized as a child, he was expelled from 3 schools, attempted suicide, and was medicated in efforts to reduce his emotional instability and behavioral outbursts. By the fifth grade, Mike was put in a special education class. Aside from getting more individualized attention from the teacher, he learned that pencil erasers make a great sound when tapped on a desk. He had no idea that drumming would become his career or his path to recovery.
Mike’s perspectives have been featured on ABC, NBC, and CBS news. He was a regular guest on The Fresh Outlook TV news show, a writer for Corporate Wellness Magazine and HealthCentral.com. Mental Illness is An Asset, his compelling TEDx talk has been used in college classrooms and gotten sensational reviews.
mental health, mental illness, depression, anxiety, team building
1. How have your mental health challenges impacted your life?
2. How do people respond to you knowing that you live with mental health challenges?
3. What is the stigma surrounding mental health?
4. Why do you think that mental health stigma exists?
5. In regards to your book, Transforming Stigma: How to Become a Mental Wellness Superhero, what can readers expect?
6. In your book, you mention this new idea called the Stigma Cycle. What is that?
7. How did you come up with these solutions to dealing with the stigma surrounding mental health?
8. What inspired you to do this work?
9. What do you hope to accomplish through your work?
10. Where can people learn more about you and your work?
Mike Veny and Leanna Johnson are co-hosts of The Mike Veny Show podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mike-veny/the-mike-veny-show
He is a guest on several podcast and radio interviews a month. Here are 3 popular episodes:
To give you a real sense of how he interacts with hosts, see his TV news interviews: https://youtu.be/8ryeU-psMvI
I will share the link to my episode on my social media channels.