This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Owner/Operator of Cali Comfort BBQ
- * Founded in April of 2008 with 18 employees in East County San Diego and revenue of $400,000 in year one.
- * Currently staffed at 67 employees with projected revenues of over $3M.
- * Turned a failed breakfast business partnership into a full-service, low-and-slow craft BBQ and sports entertainment destination.
- * Actively growing brand for more than a decade through digital marketing, social media, community outreach, charity and sports entertainment.
- * Catered for the San Diego Chargers, the Los Angeles Chargers, the San Diego Gulls Hockey Club and the San Diego Aztecs.
- Cali Comfort BBQ Online
- Cali Comfort BBQ on Facebook
- Cali Comfort BBQ on Twitter
- Cali Comfort BBQ on Instagram
- Cali Comfort BBQ on YouTube
Organizer - Spring Valley Tailgate & BBQ Festival
- * Annual #SVBBQFest with 28 amateur BBQ teams competing in California's largest annual amateur tailgate & BBQ event.
- * Over 7,000 attendees buying BBQ to benefit Organizations In Training, a local non-profit that mentors at risk youth.
- #SVBBQFest Facebook Page
- #SVBBQFest YouTube Video
Co-Host of Behind The Smoke: BBQ War Stories Podcast and owner of Cali BBQ Media
- * Rebranding "Behind the Smoke Media" as "Cali BBQ Media" in 2019.
- * Hospitality Business & Digital Marketing Podcast and Media Company.
- * First-Place Winner in Digital Audio Series at the 2019 National Barbecue & Grilling Association's Awards of Excellence.
- * 100 episodes published, with fans and followers reaching out from all over the world.
- * Long-format, lively interviews recorded "Above the Butcher Shop" with explicit real-world discussions about the struggles and inspirations behind the passion projects of entrepreneurs.
- Behind The Smoke Instagram
- Behind The Smoke Twitter
Organizer - Del Mar BBQ State Championship
- * 4th Annual Kansas City Barbecue Society State Championship "Turf and Surf" BBQ Event to take place at Del Mar Racing on Sunday, August 18, 2019.
- * Over 50 professional barbecue teams and cooking celebrities in attendance during #BETonBBQ.
- * Live demos and food samples with a beautiful backdrop of Del Mar, where "the turf meets the surf."
- * Teams compete for over $15,000 in cash and prizes.
- 7 Reasons Why Del Mar is the Sexiest Place on Earth for Championship BBQ
- "Turf and Surf" Competition Proves West Coast BBQ is on Fire
- Del Mar BBQ State Championship Facebook Page
- Del Mar BBQ State Championship YouTube Video
* Digital Marketing
* Digital Hospitality
* Getting PR & Media Appearances
* Small Business
* Restaurant Ownership
* New Fatherhood
* Locating My Birth Father at Age 36
* San Diego
* Los Angeles Chargers
* Vending in Stadiums
* Event Organizing
* Millennial Life
* Turning your Business into a Media Company
* Self-Publishing a Family Immigrant Memoir
1. For someone as busy as you are running your BBQ restaurant, digital media company, catering operation, and your events business, why was starting a podcast the best digital marketing move you have made in the last ten years?
2. How have you utilized social media to get local press coverage for your events and your business?
3. How has the Chargers leaving San Diego affected your San Diego Sports Bar and BBQ restaurant, and why did the New York Times feature you in their Sunday article?
4. As a new podcaster, why was it important for you to attend Podcast Movement 2017? What have you learned since then?
5. How has the birth of your son and daughter affected your businesses and how do you find a work/life balance?
6. You published an article on LinkedIn called, "Podcasting is the new Self-Publishing: Business Lessons Learned From Writing And Sharing My Grandfather's Life Story". Can you share some insight?
7. Talk about how you taught yourself to digitally market your family business and why you choose to operate like a tech company.
8. What are the challenges you faced growing from 18 employees in 2008 to 67 employees at the end of 2018?
9. Why do you feel it is important as a bar owner to share your struggle with alcoholism?
10. Tell us more about what you did with the #SaveOurBolts movement and #SanDiegoLoveLetterChallenge to try and keep the Chargers in San Diego that earned you induction into Pro Football's Ultimate Fan Association in 2017?
Twitter: @shawnpwalchef @CaliComfort @bbqwarstories
Instagram: @CaliComfortBBQ @BBQWarStories
Facebook: Behind The Smoke, Cali Comfort BBQ, Spring Valley Tailgate & BBQ Festival, Del Mar BBQ Championship
Cali Comfort BBQ Email Newsletter - Over 13,000 active users
Cali BBQ Blog