This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Co-Host of Behind The Smoke: BBQ War Stories Podcast
- Hospitality Business & Digital Marketing Podcast
- New Episode every Friday
- Currently publishing episode #57
- Long format, "Above the Butcher Shop" interviews with explicit real world discussions about the entrepreneurial struggle and drive behind passion projects.
- Behind The Smoke Instagram
- Behind The Smoke Twitter
Owner/Operator of Cali Comfort BBQ
- Founded in April of 2008 with 18 employees in East County San Diego with revenue of $400,000 in year one.
- Currently staffed at 92 employees with projected revenues of over $3M
- Turned a failed breakfast business partnership into a full service, low-n-slow bbq focused, sports entertainment destination.
- Actively digitally hacking brand awareness for the last ten years through social media, community outreach, charity and sports entertainment.
- Catered for the San Diego Chargers, the Los Angeles Chargers, the San Diego Gulls Hockey Club and the San Diego Aztecs.
Organizer - Spring Valley Tailgate & BBQ Festival
- Last year celebrated our 8th Annual #SVBBQFest with 22 amatuer bbq teams competing in California's largest annual amatuer tailgate & bbq event.
- Over 7,000 attendees buying bbq to benefit Organizations In Training, a local non-profit that mentors at risk youth.
- #SVBBQFest Facebook Page
- #SVBBQFest YouTube Video
Organizer - Del Mar BBQ State Championship
- 3rd Annual Kansas City Barbecue Society State Championship BBQ Event to take place at Del Mar Racing on Sunday, August 19, 2018
- Over 50 professional barbecue teams
- Competing for over $15,000 in cash and prizes
- LinkedIn Article - 7 Reasons Why Del Mar is the Sexiest Place on Earth for Championship BBQ
- Del Mar BBQ State Championship Facebook Page
- Del Mar BBQ State Championship YouTube Video
*Locating My Birth Father at Age 36
*Los Angeles Chargers
*Vending in Stadiums
*Turning your Business into a Media Company
*Self-Publishing a Family Immigrant Memoir
1. For someone as busy as you are running your bbq restaurant, your catering business and your special events business, why has starting your podcast with your business partner been the best digital marketing move you have made in the last ten years?
2. How have you utilized social media to get local press coverage for your events and your business?
3. How has the Chargers leaving San Diego effected your San Diego Sports Bar business?
4. As a new podcaster why was it important to you to attend Podcast Movement 2017?
5. How has the birth of your first born son effected your businessness and how do you find balance?
6. You published an article on LinkedIn recently called, "Podcasting is the new Self-Publishing: Business Lessons Learned From Writing And Sharing My Grandfather's Life Story". Can you share some insight?
7. Talk about how you self taught yourself how to digitally market your business.
8. What are the challenges you faced growing from 18 employees in 2008 to 92 employees at the end of 2017?
9. Why do you feel it is important as a bar owner to share your struggle with alcoholism?
10. Tell us more about what you did with the #SaveOurBolts movement and #SanDiegoLoveLetterChallenge to try and keep the Chargers in San Diego that earned you induction into Pro Football's Ultimate Fan Association in 2017?
Podcasting is the new Self-Publishing: Business Lessons Learned From Writing & Sharing My Grandfather's Life Story
Twitter: @shawnpwalchef @CaliComfort @bbqwarstories
Instagram: @CaliComfortBBQ @BBQWarStories
Facebook: Behind The Smoke, Cali Comfort BBQ, Spring Valley Tailgate & BBQ Festival, Del Mar BBQ Championship
Cali Comfort BBQ Email Newsletter - Over 13,000 active users
Cali Comfort BBQ Website
BBQ War Stories Website