This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I'm a full-time academic strategist, podcast host, and sought-after speaker for students ages 12–26 and their parents and grandparents—and I am the author of the book LAUNCH: How to Get Your Kids Through College Debt-Free and Into Jobs They Love Afterward.
My work is popular with financial advisors who use my debt-free college strategies to rapidly grow their financial advising businesses. (See a fast-paced 3-min. video on this subject here.)
I've been featured in publications such as The Huffington Post, USA Today, NerdWallet, and US News and World Report, and on CBS News.
I also help students apply to law, medical, business, and grad school at my website GetIntoMedSchool.com.
I know you're busy—if you don't have time to read my book before you interview me, that is completely OK. If you just skim the Amazon reviews and use the prep material below, you'll have everything you need to sound great when you interview me.
LINKS FOR YOU TO COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR SHOW NOTES:
Jeannie's fast-paced 10-min. video instructions based on the age of your kid:
Jeannie's debt-free college and career website, with a library of over 200 articles on every debt-free college topic you might be wondering about: JeannieBurlowski.com
Jeannie's highest level academic strategy consulting is available at her medical and grad school consulting website: GetIntoMedSchool.com
Jeannie's article 12 Ways to Get Your Grad School Paid For:
Get free, ongoing help from Jeannie starting right now—by subscribing to her free weekly email newsletter here.
Jeannie’s book LAUNCH: How to Get Your Kids Through College Debt-Free and Into Jobs They Love Afterward is available on Amazon at: bit.ly/burlowski
The good news is that debt-free college is achievable—even for kids who aren't getting any scholarships. It's achievable for parents who haven't saved for college, and it's achievable for families who make too much to get any government financial aid. (Or they think they do.)
EXAMPLES OF TOPICS I CAN DISCUSS:
1. Exciting, specific, little-known strategies for getting kids ages 12-26 through COLLEGE DEBT-FREE and into jobs they love afterward.
2. What parents can do to dramatically increase the possibility of their kids stepping into great, satisfying CAREER after college.
3. A fun, easy-to-implement strategy for turning kids ages 14 and up into brilliant, FRUGAL MONEY MANAGERS.
4. Academic and financial strategy for those applying to highly competitive LAW, MEDICAL, BUSINESS, and GRAD SCHOOLS.
5. How to use debt-free college to rapidly build a FINANCIAL ADVISING PRACTICE.
6. How low-cost debt-free college help can play a role in correcting RACIAL INJUSTICE and INCOME INEQUITY.
7. How both PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS can make high quality debt-free college strategy available to students and parents—without straining limited school counseling budgets.
8. Christian faith and its impact on parenting, college, career, and investing into the lives of others. (For podcasts where Christian faith is a focus. This topic is OPTIONAL.)
See my lengthy "CATEGORIES" list at JeannieBurlowski.com for more inspiring podcast topic ideas.
It can be difficult to reach me by email. Feel free to call 651-230-4240. Mornings are best.
1. "What is an academic strategist—and how did you become an expert in the field of debt-free college? Tell us that story."
2. "If a family really wants to go all out toward the goal of debt-free college and career for the kids they love— when should they start thinking about it? Assume they're not in a position to save money for college."
3. “You even have debt-free college strategies for parents of kids who are in diapers. Give us just one idea that parents of younger kids can use—even if they can't save any money.”
4. "A lot of parents think that the local state university is going to be the great bargain option for kids. But you believe that the local state university is not actually going to be a bargain option. Why do you say that?"
5. "I know that you strongly advocate kids earning low-cost college credit in high school. But you are not a fan of the Advanced Placement program. Why is that? What works better for kids than AP?"
6. "Some homeschooling families are told to just have kids take lots of CLEP exams—and try to sew those together into a bachelor's degree. As an academic strategist, this worries you. What's your position on CLEP?"
7. "One of your biggest debt-free college strategies, I understand, doesn’t involve money at all—it involves communication with teens about specific CAREER GOALS. Right? And you believe that a huge leap should be taken on this when kids are still in 10th grade, Wow. Tell us about that.'
8. "Your main focus is getting kids through college debt-free without scholarships. But—you also say that applying for scholarships is a great idea. You have a rather radical idea when it comes to scholarships. Tell us about that."
9. "You tell parents that there's one key point in time where it's really important to sit up, take notice, and take some steps toward debt-free college. Wait an extra 8 months and it could cost you thousands in lost financial aid money. When is this important time to sit up and take notice?"
10. "What do you say to people who just don't want to read a big thick book— even if it will save their kids years of painful student loan debt payments? What do you have for parents who just want to read only just the bare minimum?"
TWO BONUS QUESTIONS:
"What do you say to students who are planning to apply to law, medical, business, or grad school? What cost saving strategies do you have for them?"
"After your book came out, you found out that financial advisors were using it to rapidly grow their financial advising businesses. Tell us about that."
I've been featured in publications such as The Huffington Post, USA Today, NerdWallet, and US News and World Report, and on CBS News. I've been a guest on numerous podcasts including TED speaker Adam Carroll's podcast Build a Bigger Life.
What are other podcast hosts saying about Jeannie Burlowski?
This testimonial comes from Joel Larsgaard of the How to Money podcast:
"Jeannie, of our listeners recently mentioned how much your book has impacted them. And that prompted us to listen to a couple of your podcast episodes. You've got such great information and we would love to have you as a guest on our podcast. We know that our listeners would get a lot of value from that episode. I'll quickly tell you a little about us. How To Money is on the iHeart network and gets about 750k monthly downloads. We release episodes 3 times a week and cover a range of topics in the personal finance space. Thanks for considering, Jeannie. We hope to get to talk to you soon."
After I hear the final version of the podcast I will plan to promote it:
On my blog at JeannieBurlowski.com, in my email newsletter that goes out to thousands of people and has twice the open rate of emails in my industry, and on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.