This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Lisa is a meditation teacher and energy worker specializing in meditation, women’s energetics, and sexual trauma healing. She is the author of The Art and Science of Meditation: How to Deepen and Personalize Your Practice and Chakra Empowerment for Women: Self-Guided Techniques for Healing Trauma, Owning Your Power & Finding Overall Wellness. She has trained in many energy healing modalities and is certified in both mindfulness meditation instruction and trauma sensitivity. Lisa is a member of the International Association of Meditation Instructors, the American Holistic Health Association, the Energy Medicine Practitioners Association, and The Breathe Network, a non-profit dedicated to supporting holistic healing for sexual trauma survivors. She is also the creator of a popular DailyOM course Awakening Your Feminine Chakras.
Lisa has worked with thousands of individuals over the last 15 years through energy work and meditation to help them release limiting emotional or stress-based patterns, and replace them with healthy, supportive ones. She specializes in helping women through the energetic transits that accompany pregnancy, post-partum, perimenopuase, and menopause. She also helps both men and women heal from trauma, particularly sexual trauma. She support individuals in goal attainment and to support physical healing, showing them how energy meditations and guided exercises can help.
Lisa is adept at describing meditation and energy work to those who are brand new to the concept. She can speak to many different forms of meditation from both a scientific and spiritual perspectives. In terms of energy work she can begin with what a chakra is, and the different types of meditation and energy healing available. For those already familiar with such topics, she can dive into deeper material such as subtle meditation challenges, how women's and men's energy bodies differ, the ways women's energy bodies shift during different life phases, and how they can use this information to maximize their health, manifesting abilities, and personal growth. For those interested in sexual trauma healing, she can speak to the ways energy-based modalities can help, as well as to the principles of trauma-sensitivity as applied to healing work and meditation instruction.
Meditation Challenges and How to Work With Them
The Energy or Subtle Body - What is it
Women's Life Phases
Mother Child Energy Connection
Pregnancy and Post-Partum from an energy perspective
Perimenopause and Menopause from an energy perspective and spiritual opportunity
Sexual Trauma Healing
Sexual Assault Healing
Sexual Abuse Healing
I can provide different branches of questions, depending on whether the primary interest is meditation in general, meditation challenges, energy work, women's energetics or sexual trauma healing. This is a smattering of questions drawn from all of these areas.
1. What are the different meditation forms, and what benefits have been scientifically proven for each?
2. What are the most common challenges to starting or refueling a meditation practice, and what advice do you have for someone experiencing these?
3. For someone brand new to the idea of energy work, how would you describe it?
4. A lot of your own work is chakra-focused. What are the chakras, and how can someone new to them work with them?
5. You call your main work ‘women’s energetics’. What is this and what differences are there in men’s and women’s energy bodies?
6. How does our energy body change during pregnancy, post-partum, perimenopause and menopause?
7. How can we work with the chakras for stress reduction, manifesting, or healing?
8. What is sexual trauma and how does it impact us energetically? How can energy work benefit sexual trauma survivors?
9. You talk a lot about trauma-sensitivity. What is this and why is it important?
10. How can we work with meditation, our chakras and our energy cycles to reach our goals?
Some sample interviews, more available through my social media posts.
The Breathe Network – Teleseminar: Creating Trauma-Sensitive Meditation Classes
Energy Awareness Radio – Interview by T. Love on Women’s Energetics: Self-Care
MommasPearls BlogTalkRadio – Interview by Cynthia Litman on Winter Solstice
I will promote through all my social media accounts (see below) and in some cases on my blog and/or email distribution list.