This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Michelle P. Maidenberg, Ph.D., MPH, LCSW-R, CGP, has over 30 years of clinical experience and maintains a private practice in Harrison, NY. She is also the Co-Founder and Clinical Director of “Thru My Eyes”, a nonprofit 501c3 organization that offers free clinically-guided videotaping to chronically medically ill individuals who want to leave video legacies for their children and loved ones.
Michelle is adjunct faculty at New York University (NYU) teaching a graduate course in Mindfulness Practice. She is a Board of Directors member at The Boys & Girls in Mount Vernon and is a member of the American Red Cross Crisis Team. She serves on the Board of Directors of the Westchester Trauma Network (WTN) in Westchester NY.
She is a Certified Group Therapist through the American Group Psychotherapy Association and a Diplomate and certified member of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Michelle has advanced training in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Structural Family Therapy, Polyvagal Theory/Therapy, Mindfulness, and is a Level II trained Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist.
Michelle is the author of the book “Free Your Child From Overeating" 53 Mind-Body Strategies For Lifelong Health” and her new book “Ace Your Life: Unleash Your Best Self and Live the Life You Want." She is a blogger for Psychology Today (1.3M reads) and recently did a TED Talk on “Circumventing Emotional Avoidance.” She has been featured in more than 150 national and international media including The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, Fitness, Ladies Home Journal, Men’s Health, and Forbes.
Michelle is a contributing editor of GROUP, the journal of the Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society. She is a consultant and trainer on a variety of mental health and health related topics and has four children and three dogs. She is dedicated and invested in health and mental health advocacy.
• Emotional Avoidance
• Value-Based Decision Making
• Enhancing Personal and Professional Relationships
• Skills to Maintain Good Habits and Consistent Positive Behaviors
• Managing/Coping with Intense Negative or Uncomfortable Emotions
• What is emotional avoidance and how does it show up in our thinking and decision making?
• What is a healthy way to engage with painful experiences and emotions when we encounter them so we can build better relationships?
• What skills and steps do we need to take when managing or coping with negative and uncomfortable emotions so we avoid acting out (e.g., angry outbursts, overeating, etc.)?
• How do we deal with anxious or depressed thoughts and feelings?
• How do we leave past negative experiences behind us so we can create a better life?
• How can we facilitate a growth mindset to enhance our motivation and personal and professional success?
• How do our core values help guide us in making sound decisions to foster our satisfaction and contentment for a thriving life?
• How do we cultivate self-acceptance and self-compassion to increase our overall well-being?
• What gets in the way of us keeping up with good habits and maintaining meaningful changes?
• How do we work on our confidence so that we’re increasing our productivity and have greater life satisfaction?
https://www.ted.com/talks/michelle_maidenberg_circumventing_emotional_avoidance/. TED Talk - Circumventing Emotional Avoidance
https://www.areamethod.com/label-your-emotions-to-make-better-decisions/. Label Your Emotions to Make Better Decisions - Problem Solved Podcast with Cheryl Strauss Einhorn.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-importance-of-mindfulness-to-cope-and-heal/id1507209764?i=1000559148373. The Importance of Mindfulness to Cope and Heal - Healin Podcast
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/thoughts-from-the-couch-podcast/id1523221552?i=1000518631194. Using Mindfulness for Your Mental Health - Thoughts from the Couch Podcast
Podcast Episode #28 - Examining Our Connection to Racism | Dr. Maidenberg — The Elements of Being. Examining Our Connection to Racism – The Elements of Being Podcast
Prism Parenting: Looking at Behavior in a Different Light: Helping Kids Overcome Anxiety Pt. 1: With Michelle Maidenberg (libsyn.com) – Prism Parenting Podcast
Prism Parenting: Looking at Behavior in a Different Light: Helping Kids Overcome Anxiety Pt. 2: With Dr. Michelle Maidenberg (libsyn.com) – Prism Parenting Podcast
Free Your Child from Overeating + Parent Hacks (mrdad.com) – Mr. dad Podcast
For a full list of media appearances, please see: https://michellemaidenberg.com/news-events/ and for my blogs on Huffington Post, PsychCentral, and Psychology Today, please see: https://michellemaidenberg.com/blog/.
Facebook - 7.5k followers
Twitter - 3.7k followers
Instagram - 6k followers
LinkedIn - 8.8k followers
Personal Newsletter - 2k contacts
Psychology Today - 1.2M reads