This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Barbie is known for her infectious passion and continuous resilience. After leaving a successful career in upper management 15 years ago, she has been a thriving entrepreneur, building several successful businesses. Primarily, she worked alongside her mom and sister producing 14 dance competitions per year in Western Canada where the theme at all events was “You Belong Here”.
A charismatic and experienced speaker, writer and podcast guest, she shines when helping others feel they are important in their own way. She speaks on her experiences and she has grown from them; depression since adolescence, Bell’s Palsy in 2015, a major concussion in 2017, and losing her illusion of what she thought life “should” look like. She is loud about learning self care, boundaries, and limits - from her sassy point of view.
She writes on her personal blog, and has created a community for Bell’s Palsy survivors called “Bell’s Palsy Talk with Barbie” where she encourages her followers to focus on self-care while learning their true purpose. In 2021, she accepted a new challenge and stepped into the Chief Operating Officer role for a successful startup, 3D Maritime Inc. Barbie enjoys watching her two teenage sons play lacrosse with her husband Trevor and their puppy named Cherry and is excited for what the Universe has in store for the future.
We have so many opportunities in this life if we choose to notice them and realize the Universe will support us - as long as we show up. Let’s talk.
Barbie Wharton / barbiewharton.com
Instagram / Linked In / Podcast Guests @barbiewharton
Personal Growth, entrepreneurship, resiliency, what I have learned throughout my life as a dancer, listening and learning from the Universe, Bells Palsy and what it even is, Self Care and Self Love, my (usually funny) view of what is going on in my world, mental health awareness - especially in teens and moms trying to do it all.
I am an open book and love to discuss topics in all areas I have experience in. I value all points of view and am always excited to learn new things. Some questions/topics I am often asked on podcasts:
- How things like a paralyzed face from Bell's Palsy and closing my family business during Covid has effected me and how I bounced back.
- The community I am creating with my followers on Instagram called "Bell's Palsy Talk with Barbie" where I hope to show everyone that they are important and that their story matters.
- When I figured out that even though I adore my kids, it's OK to not have a mom-mobile and for them to not be your ONLY focus.
- How I figured out that dance would make me a great business woman?
- Why I have tried so many weird things - like oil pulling?
- When I learned about the Universe and really "bought in"?
- How the Universe has SERIOUSLY knocked me down when I didn't listen?
- How does it feel to finally know and be exactly where I know I am meant and deserve to be?
Please see my speaking reel, speaking resume and some podcast links here: https://www.barbiewharton.com/resume-speaking-reel
I talk a lot and am happy to share, write about and post to my followers and friends. I also have a community for Bell's Palsy. Depending on the content and specific topics discussed, I will post to my feeds where the audience relates.