This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Barbie WhartonDirector at b1 Dance Productions Inc. Entrepreneur, Speaker, Writer, Mom, Bell’s Palsy Survivor.I was a dancer my whole life, then went to school for business, as I always knew I would be an entrepreneur. I left a career in upper management after having my two boys, now teenagers, and started a team apparel company with my sister. I also worked alongside her and my mom for 20 years producing 14 dance competitions per year in Western Canada. Our theme at all events was “You Belong Here”. Everyone is special, everyone belongs.In 2020 our family closed due to Covid-19 and my heart was broken. So much of my spark comes from the community and the young dancers. So, realized I was not ready to let the dance world go. I am starting my own company – B1 Dance Productions running a few small dance competitions starting in 2021. As well, a video series called “Dancer Development Series” talking to dancers about ways to use skills learned in dance throughout all areas throughout their life. I will be brave, resilient and start again. (Again). I can’t wait to tell everyone about it.
I write, talk and speak onstage about things that have happened to me and how I have grown from them. Depression, anxiety, Bells Palsy in 2015 and a major concussion in 2017. My decision to take meds to help me through various stages of my life and losing my “illusion” of what I thought my life “should” look like. I am loud about learning self care, boundaries, and limits - from my sassy point of view.
We have so many opportunities in this life if we choose to notice them and realize the Universe will support us - as long as we show up. Let’s talk.
Barbie Wharton / barbiewharton.comFacebook @barbiewharton1Instagram / Linked In / Podcast Guests @barbiewhartonB1 Dance Productions Inc. / b1dance.comFacebook/ Instagram @b1.dance
Personal Growth, entrepreneurship, resiliency, what I have learned throughout my life as a dancer, listening and learning from the Universe, Bells Palsy and what it even is, Self Care and Self Love, my (usually funny) view of what is going on in my world, mental health awareness - especially in teens and moms trying to do it all.
- You woke up with a paralyzed face? What the heck?? Did you freak out??
- How did you make it through high school with anxiety and depression?
- When did you figure out that even though you adore your kids, it's OK for them to not be your ONLY focus?
- How did you figure out that dance would make you a great business woman?
- Why do you try so many weird things - like oil pulling?
- When did you wake up and realize, "oh crap, I really CAN'T do this all on my own"?
- When did you learn about the Universe and really "buy in"?
- How has the Universe SERIOUSLY knocked you down when you didn't listen?
- How does it feel to finally know and be exactly where you know you are meant and deserve to be?
Please see my speaking reel, speaking resume and some podcast links here: https://www.barbiewharton.com/resume-speaking-reel
I talk a lot and am happy to share, write and post. I also dance events and have a community for Bell's Palsy survivors. Depending on the content and specific topics discussed, I will post to my feeds where the audience relates.